Spend your entire vacation on the beach, if you wish. The Bay cottage is just 176 yards from the steps to famous Thumpertown Beach. You won’t have to fight to find a parking spot or pay for any parking stickers this summer when you can simply stroll from your house to the sand. Grill out every night, challenge the family to bocce ball or cornhole, or just kick back under the stars in an oversized hammock in the back yard. Salty air and beachy hair every day await you.
Thumpertown is a bayside beach. Also close to freshwater kettle ponds, close to Cape Cod Rail Trail (bike trail), Arnolds, Coast Guard and Nauset Light beach, Salt Pond Visitors Center, Eastham Windmill, and First Encounter beach.
You wake to the breezes blowing off the bay and ruffling the curtains. The sound of seagulls overhead cawing to each other as they scout for their next meal breaks the silence of the morning. As others are jockeying for the limited spots at the popular Thumpertown beach, you just grab your towel and head out the door. It’s just a short walk to the stairs heading down to the beach so it is easy to come and go as you please.
After playing in the salty waves and exploring the sand bars after the tide has gone out, a quick rinse in the large outdoor shower is all you need to freshen up for the evening’s events. You can help yourself to the fruit trees or the pick-your-own vegetables in the garden before firing up the grill for a fantastic cookout.
Everyone is enjoying each other’s company while relaxing in the hammock and sitting around the deck watching the friendly competition going on in the bocce court, or the crazy game of badminton happening at the nets. You take a deep breath and breathe in that salty Cape air, breathing out the tensions and feeling the stress leave you like the tides.
The two-bedroom cottage has all the creature comforts. The first bedroom has a comfortable full bed for two. The second bedroom houses a bunk bed consisting of two single beds and the sunroom has a trundle bed that pulls out into two more beds. Like most daybeds, the trundle may not be the most comfortable for a full-sized man of six feet tall and 250 lbs., but one or two smaller adults, teens, or children would be just fine.
The full-sized kitchen has everything you need to cook a meal but even so, who wants to cook when you are located in one of the best vacation areas on Cape Cod? Each reservation comes with an award-winning guide to the best local’s insider tips and places to go, things to do, and places to see. You will also be staying close to Wiley Park and Great Pond, some of the greatest freshwater kettle ponds on the Cape. Hop on the Cape Cod Rail Trail and take a ride out to Nauset Light or maybe to the Chocolate Sparrow for a coffee. Everything is within reach here for the perfect family vacation.
Our Thumpertown Beach cottages are the perfect place to create memories that will last a lifetime. We would love to share all that Cape Cod has to offer, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any questions you may have!
• From July 2 to September 10th this is a Saturday-to-Saturday rental.
• Linens are NOT provided (pillows are) but we offer two complete linen packages (all-white, high quality sheets, duvets, Turkish bath towel sets, and beach towels) at lower-than-average rates so you don’t have to worry about packing any.
Package A (for 2) $75:
• Full bed sheet set
• Full all-season duvet
• Two towel sets (bath towel, hand towel, face cloth)
• Two beach towels
• Bed making FREE
Package B (for 4) $180:
• Full bed sheets
• Two single bed sheet sets
• Three all season duvets
• Four towel sets (bath towel, hand towel, face cloth)
• Four beach towels
• Bed making FREE
Of course, you still have the option of bringing your own linens as well, but why? No need to lug boxes of sheets, towels and blankets along when it can all be there, made up, and waiting for you for less than the cost of a lobster roll dinner!
• We are located on the bay side with windows throughout and a/c units for those extra hot days
• 1 Double, 4 Twins
• 1 Full bath/1 large outside shower
• Brand new wall mini split a/c and heat throughout
• Bocce court, Can Jam, Cornhole and Badminton provided
• Gas grill (and charcoal grill for the purists!)
• Fruit trees and pick-your-own vegetable garden
• Patio lounging, hammock swinging, and picnic tables for big meals
• An award winning, custom, state-of-the-art house guide with recommendations is provided for your visit.
• Sorry, NO pets allowed. Please do NOT ask!
• Thumpertown Beach is at the end of our road (less than 4 minute walk)
• Sandy toes and beach hair guaranteed
Our cleaning teams use thorough checklists, followed by sanitization and disinfection of high touch points throughout the home. We follow CDC guidelines and use only approved EPA products for cleaning.
Sorry, we are unable to accommodate early check ins
The cottage has a private drive and parking for 2 vehicles. You can ride bikes to the ocean on one side or the bay on the other. Summer transit buses run from the National Seashore Salt Pond (walking distance from cottage) all up and down the Cape.
Don’t forget your travel insurance from InsureMyTrip.