On a slight hill overlooking Minister’s Pond sits the Twisted Porpoise. The dappled sunlight keeps the deck cool as you sit on the mid-century modern deck furniture and watch as your family and friends play in the water below. Someone has taken the canoe out to go fishing on the pond and you have some steaks in the fridge to grill up on your new gas grill later tonight. For dessert, you plan to join others around the fire pit on the beach of the pond and have a s’mores party. The location is perfect for this cozy two-bedroom, one bath, pet friendly cottage on Minister’s Pond. Within walking distance to the Salt Pond Visitor’s Center, you can decide to walk the trail or rent a bike. Deciding the latter seems appropriate to take advantage of the beautiful Cape weather. It is easy to hop right on Nauset Loop and pedal directly out to Nauset Light Beach for the day where you can play in the waves, watch the seals, and relax in the sun.
The cottage is within walking distance to Arnold’s and mini-golf, the Cape Cod Rail Trail, and the Salt Pond Visitor’s Center. Bike Rentals are just around the corner and the National Seashore beach shuttle parking lot is about a mile away walking or you can just take the Nauset Loop bike trail and head directly to Coast Guard beach itself. The cottage has one queen bed and two twin beds, a full kitchen, living room, outdoor dining area, breakfast nook, and bathroom with shower. There is private parking and a large deck overlooking the pond. The shared area would be the beach area of the pond where we have a fire pit, beach chairs, and a canoe available.
• From July 3rd to September 11th this is a Sunday to Sunday rental
• We follow the practice of not providing linens in the property as this is a safer and more hygienic approach, but we do offer lower-than-market linen packages with free bed making services included.
All of our linens are crisp, clean, and soft. Our Turkish towels are thick, and plush. Our duvets are soft and all-season. Everything is high quality – not cheap and threadbare. Everything is washed at the highest temperature setting with bleach and oxygen-based cleaners. We take pride in what we do and it shows. Our guest reviews about our linens say it all! We offer two special rate linen packages to which you can add additional linens (such as additional towel sets, etc) a la carte.
Package A (for 2) $75:
· Queen bed sheet set
· Queen all-season duvet
· Two Turkish towel sets (bath towel, hand towel, face cloth)
· Two beach towels
· Bed making FREE
Package B (for 4) $160:
· Queen bed sheets
· Two single bed sheet sets
· Three all season duvets
· Four Turkish towel sets (bath towel, hand towel, face cloth)
· Four beach towels
· Bed making FREE
Of course, you still have the option of bringing your own linens as well, but why? No need to lug boxes of sheets, towels and blankets along when it can all be there, made up, and waiting for you for less than the cost of a lobster dinner!
• We are located directly on the pond with windows throughout and a/c units for those extra hot days
• 1 Queen, 2 Twins
• An award winning, custom, state-of-the-art house guide with recommendations is provided for your visit.
• 1 Full bath with shower
• Firepit available on pond beach (the beach is shared with other guests of ours, if around)
• A dog is considered for an additional fee of $100. The dog must be over 1 yr old. Please note that this says 1 (uno, ichi, un, 1, one, satu, ONE) dog. This does not mean cats, birds, rabbits, hamsters, pet rocks or anything else that does not say woof. Please note the pet fee is billed separately as our property management system is unable to include it in the booking price.
• Canoe provided
• Sandy toes and beach hair guaranteed
Our cleaning teams use thorough checklists, followed by sanitization and disinfection of high touch points throughout the home. We follow CDC guidelines and use only approved EPA products for cleaning.1st
Sorry, we cannot accomodate early check ins