The Velvet Crab is located directly on a freshwater pond that is centrally located and close to everything the Cape has to offer. Hike around the Salt Pond Visitor’s Center, bike the Cape Cod Rail Trail, walk the National Seashore ocean beaches and catch the blaze of colors at sunset on the bayside. Everything is so close and within reach of the Velvet Crab.
Very central to everything. Close to Cape Cod Rail Trail (bike trail), Arnolds, Coast Guard and Nauset Light beach, Salt Pond Visitors Center, Eastham Windmill, and First Encounter beach.
The cottage is located on the waterfront. You must read the directions in the guide provided or else you will go to the wrong place. Do not rely on GPS!!!
Wake up refreshed and ready to take on the Cape while you sip your morning coffee from your deck which overlooks the pond. Watch the ducks swim by, or maybe take a morning dip in the water yourself. Not ready for a swim? An outdoor shower is an option for you as well. Take the canoe out and fish or just to check out the pond. Float on a raft out to the middle of the pond and just float – no agenda, just relax and float in the middle of a pond on Cape Cod. There is nothing better for the mind and soul. Just steps away from Minister’s Pond, the Velvet Crab offers a serene respite from the world. A bright, open living space with a full kitchen and dining area overlook the pond through oversized windows. This two-bedroom cottage has a Queen bed overlooking the water in the first bedroom and two single beds in the second bedroom. A full kitchen has everything you need, including a microwave (for popcorn, of course!), and a dining table with seating for 4. A new streaming tv lets you watch all your favorite shows on streaming channels that you subscribe to, as well as, free channels. In the evening, enjoy dinner on the deck cooked up on your grill, or visit one of many of our fantastic nearby restaurants. Come sit at the fire pit on the beach by the pond and listen to the frogs usher in the night.
The Velvet Crab is the perfect place to create memories that will last a lifetime. We would love to share all that Cape Cod has to offer, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any questions you may have!
• We follow the practice of not providing linens in the property as this is a safer and more hygienic approach, but we do offer lower-than-market linen packages with free bed making services included.
All of our linens are crisp, clean, and soft. Our Turkish towels are thick, and plush. Our duvets are soft and all-season. Everything is high quality – not cheap and threadbare. Everything is washed at the highest temperature setting with bleach and oxygen-based cleaners. We take pride in what we do and it shows. Our guest reviews about our linens say it all! We offer two linen packages to which you can add additional linens (such as additional towel sets, etc) a la carte.
Package A (for 2) $75:
• Queen bed sheet set
• Queen all-season duvet
• Two Turkish towel sets (bath towel, hand towel, face cloth)
• Two beach towels
• Bed making FREE
Package B (for 4) $160:
• Queen bed sheets
• Two single bed sheet sets
• Three all season duvets
• Four Turkish towel sets (bath towel, hand towel, face cloth)
• Four beach towels
• Bed making FREE
Of course, you still have the option of bringing your own linens as well, but why? No need to lug boxes of sheets, towels and blankets along when it can all be there, made up, and waiting for you for less than the cost of a lobster dinner!
• We are located directly on the pond with windows throughout and a/c units for those extra hot days
• From July 3rd to September 11th this is a Sunday to Sunday rental.
• 1 Queen, 2 Twins
• An award winning, custom, state-of-the-art house guide with recommendations is provided for your visit.
• 1 Full bath/1 outside shower
• Firepit available on pond beach (the beach is shared with other guests of ours, if around)
• One dog Friendly with fee of $100 (limit ONE dog – must be over 1 year old). No birds, cats, hamsters, ferrets, or pet rocks. Only a (one, uno, un, ichi, 1, satu) dog that says woof. Please note the pet fee is billed separately as our property management system is unable to include it in the booking price.
• Canoe provided
• Sandy toes and beach hair guaranteed
Our cleaning teams use thorough checklists, followed by sanitization and disinfection of high touch points throughout the home. We follow CDC guidelines and use only approved EPA products for cleaning.
Sorry we cannot accommodate early check ins
Don’t forget your travel insurance from InsureMyTrip.